Luís Miguel Pestana de Vasconcelos
Graduation in Law, Catholic University, Porto, July 1990.
Master in Commercial Law, Faculty of Law, University of Coimbra (highest mark), June 1998.
PhD in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Porto (the jury by unanimity approved a mention highlighting: “the high level of the thesis and the public defense”), July 2006.
Aggregation Law Faculty, University of Porto (approved by unanimity), July 2015.
Full Professor (Professor Catedrático), Faculty of Law, University of Porto, July 2017.
Professor of Commercial law at Porto Business School.
Member of the Scientific Council, Faculty of Law, University of Porto.
Member of the Representatives Council, Faculty of Law, University of Porto.
Member of the Consultative Council, Judicial Courts of Porto District.
Member of the Ethics Board, University of Porto.
Coordinator, Law Department, Faculty of Economics, University of Porto – 2006-2015.
Vice-Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Porto - 2010-2014.
Vice-President of the Scientific Council, Faculty of Law, University of Porto- 2010-2014.
Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Porto - 2014-2019.
President of the Scientific Council, Faculty of Law, University of Porto -2014-2019.
Member of the Senate of the University of Porto, 2014-2019.
Member of the Deans Council of the University of Porto, 2014-2019.
Member of the General and Supervision Council of Porto Business School – 2014-2019.
Member of the Scientific Council, Research Center on Law and Economics.
Member of academic juries in Portuguese and international Universities.
Specialist in international PhDs.
Member of the Scientific Council of several Law Journals national and international.
Member of several Law Associations (ELI, SECOLA, DLJV, CJLP).
Supervisor in several Master and PhD programs.
Lecturer in Portuguese and international Law Faculties (in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa).
Scholarships granted by Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst e pelo Max-Planck-Institut für ausländisches und internationales Privatrecht.
Author of articles, and book chapters in Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French German and English Journals and books.
Legal Adviser on commercial and financial matters.
Author of several books, the most significant being:
- “Dos contratos de cessão financeira (factoring)”, Boletim da Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Coimbra, Studia Iuridica, Coimbra Editora/Universidade de Coimbra, n.º 43, 1999, 472 pages (Factoring Contracts).
- “O contrato de franquia (franchising)”, 2nd edition. Almedina, Coimbra, 2010, 198 pages (Franchising Contract).
- “A cessão de créditos em garantia e a insolvência. Em particular sobre a posição do cessionário na insolvência do cedente”, Coimbra Editora, Coimbra, 2007, 1080 pages (Assignment of claims by way of security and insolvency. The legal position of the assignor in the insolvency of the assignee) (PhD thesis).
- "Direito das garantias", Almedina, Coimbra, 3rd. edition, 2019, 744 pages. (Guarantees, Security rights in movables and immovables and proprietary security law)
- "Recuperação de empresas: o Processo especial de revitalização", Almedina, Coimbra, 2017, 175 pages. (Enterprises in financial difficulties preventive restructuring).
- "Direito bancário", 2nd edition, Almedina, Coimbra, 2019, 512 pages (Banking law).
Main expertise areas: Commercial law, Insolvency law, Banking law, Contract law, Guarantees, Security rights in movables and immovales and Proprietary security law.